Paid Opportunity to Facilitate Professional Learning for Your Peers
A partnership between the Five District Partnership and Teach Plus
Are you an experienced, effective teacher interested in facilitating a group of your peers around a best practice area? Would you like to develop your skills in adult facilitation of professional learning? Are you from one of the 5DP school districts - Revere, Malden, Everett, Chelsea or Winthrop?
Through the 5DP Teacher-Led Professional Learning (TLPL) initiative, Teach Plus recruits, selects and trains current classroom teachers to lead 5-week professional learning courses around standards-based instruction. We know that empowering exceptional teachers, like you, and leveraging your content expertise, is integral to ensuring excellent instruction for all students in the Five District Partnership. As a Teacher Leader you will be designated as an adjunct professor through UMass Boston and earn a $1,500 stipend.
We are currently seeking outstanding teachers for the spring semester to lead professional learning, preferably within one of the following best practice areas:
- Reaching all Learners (English Language Learners, Inclusive Practices, Social-Emotional Learning)
- Culturally Proficient Strategies
- Math Teaching Strategies
- Writing Across the Content Areas
- Formative Assessments
What is the 5DP Teacher-Led Professional Learning initiative?
- A cohort of teachers – led by current teachers with expertise in standards-based instruction – working together throughout the Five District Partnership to promote collaboration and elevate teacher leadership.
- Five three-hour sessions in the spring. Dinner is provided.
- Content/grade level-specific support in disseminating best practices
Prior to the beginning of the sessions, you will collaborate with one another to:
- Hone Your Expert Skills: Participate in twelve hours of training and discussions related to facilitating effective professional development to adult learners.
- Collaborate: Review, analyze and discuss standards-based instruction with fellow Teacher Leaders and determine additional resources, discussion protocols and skillful team facilitation.
- Differentiate: Plan individual sessions related to specific grade level or content areas.
Start your application today!
Spring 2018 Application and Series Timeline
In-Person Interviews: Tuesday, December 12th or Wednesday, December 13th from 5pm - 8pm
Teacher Leader Training: Thursday, January 4th from 5pm - 8pm, Saturday, January 6th from 9am - 3pm, and Thursday, February 8th from 5pm - 8pm
Course Offerings: Courses will be held within the 5DP districts. Two rounds of courses will be held in the spring. The first set will launch the week of March 5th and the second set will launch the week of May 7th. Upon selection, the $1,500 stipend will commit Teacher Leaders to lead either the first or second round.