I. Overview of Teach Plus
Mission. The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success.
Programs. Teach Plus programs are designed to place highly effective teachers at the center of improvements in schools as leaders of their peers and outside schools influencing policy decisions that affect their classrooms. The programs develop excellent teachers into leaders who achieve change and mobilize others in their school, district, state, and across the nation to bring change to scale.
Impact. Teach Plus ensures that effective teachers have influence beyond their classrooms as:
- a key voice in legislation in local, district, state, and federal policy
- change agents in transforming student learning across a school
- leaders of other teachers in improving practice
- a grounded perspective in the media and on research
The Executive Support and Special Projects Associate will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer and will collaborate with the national and regional sites. This role focuses specifically on supporting the administrative, logistical, and operational needs of the President and CEO.
The Executive Support and Special Projects Associate will be responsible for the following:
1. Administrative Support (50%)
- Responsible for the calendar and scheduling.
- Responsible for travel arrangements and expense report filing.
- Powerpoint creation for external presentations.
- Primary contact for the scheduling and logistic of board meetings.
- Liaison for critical senior staff generated with external consultants.
- Support of major culture building and core values projects sponsored by senior management team.
- Collaborative planning of whole staff retreats.
- Support the President & CEO in weekly check-in meetings with direct reports by taking notes.
- Support, during peak times, of bulk mailings.
2. Special Projects (40%)
- Support President and CEO conducting targeted research projects. Topics examples: policy research topics to support speeches and weekly newsletter blogs, or research on branding best practices to inform website redesign work.
- Project manage the production of the annual report and holiday cards.
- Internal operational analysis of organizational program metrics or analysis of staff survey data.
- Event planning for important funding opportunities and other org-wide events.
3. Operations (10%)
- Office Management – ordering of supplies and coordination of office upkeep calendar.
- First contact for office visitors, phones and retrieval of the main phone line voice mail.
- Assist the human capital team with job posting, updating of vacation calendar, and staff directory.
- Assist with creation of administrative procedures and development of systems (eg. calendar sharing).
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates will have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to support and collaborate successfully with multiple constituents inside and outside of the organization
- Strong organizational skills. Likes to keep track of and move forward details on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and the willingness to contribute as needed to an emerging organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and openness to using technologies like Box and Google products to collaborate virtually and share resources
- Experience using tools such as surveys to collect data
- A passionate commitment to improving public education by retaining and supporting outstanding teachers in urban schools
IV. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
V. Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Full benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
VI. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4637478