I. Overview of Teach Plus
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success. The organization empowers expert teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and empowers teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
II. Position Summary
Reporting to the Massachusetts Executive Director, the Massachusetts Regional Program Coordinator will join a collaborative team working to support teacher leadership at the local, state, and national level. This role will work with the team to support teacher led professional learning and elevate the voices of exemplary educators in policy discussions that directly impact teaching and learning in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The Massachusetts Regional Program Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting the team to achieve regional goals. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to; recruitment and selection of policy and practice program participants, communication about our programs, events, and opportunities for teachers, events management, data, and administrative support.
III. Position Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- Implement and manage the recruitment and selection process to ensure a high quality and diverse applicant pool for teacher policy fellowships and teacher led practice programs.
- Develop messaging for recruitment materials and communicate application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple media across the state, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
Communications and Outreach
- Develop monthly newsletter and use social media, email, and other communication platforms to promote Teach Plus and update teacher leaders, alumni, and donors regarding current educational issues, publicize Teach Plus MA and RI highlights, teacher leadership opportunities, and events.
- Provide updated content for the Massachusetts and Rhode Island pages of the website.
- Coordinate logistics for policy events and practice programs, including site research, vendor research, set up, technology support, ordering food, and supplies.
- Provide logistical support in setting up for Teacher Fellows Sessions and practice programs (in-person and virtual) including, but not limited to, building and sharing surveys, sending follow up emails with pre-work, and communicating logistics with fellows.
- Support and implement marketing for upcoming teacher leadership and policy events.
Data Management and Analytics
- Conduct internal evaluations and surveys that track the progress and impact of our policy and practice programs.
- Maintain accurate and timely data and enter appropriate information into the Salesforce database for ongoing accountability reports.
- Provide administrative support for the team. Support to include, but not limited to, attending policy and practice sessions to provide logistical support, ordering supplies, scheduling, technical support, track and report expenses, and editorial support (ie. reviewing teacher Op-eds and Policy Briefs, creating PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and other relevant materials).
IV. Skills and Talents
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills and the initiative to complete tasks independently.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and the willingness to contribute as needed to a growing organization
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to data-informed decision-making
- A solutions-oriented, goal-driven, teamwork approach to work
- Experience using Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Communication and Social media platforms
- Experience using Salesforce, a plus
- Experience or interest in education and familiarity with the education landscape in Massachusetts and current issues facing education, a plus
V. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
VI. Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Full benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance, and generous paid time off benefits.
VII. Work Hours and Commitment
Core work hours are 9:00-5:00 p.m. In addition, this role requires occasional nights and weekends to support policy and practice sessions.
VIII. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4665359