Caring for the Whole Student
Are you an educator wanting to help your students better manage conflicts?
Are you looking for resources and guidance on mindfulness techniques for the teenage brain?
Do you want strategies to support students coping with stress or trauma they carry with them into the classroom?
Join us Friday, June 23rd from 2:00-4:30pm at The Alley (325 S. College Ave.) for a free workshop on practical strategies and approaches you can apply directly in your classroom! Spend your afternoon with us digging into roleplays, simulations, and activities focused on supporting students not only academically, but also psychologically and emotionally. Attend breakout sessions and pick up techniques you can implement immediately.
Participants are eligible for 2.5 Professional Growth Points
- 2:00 - 2:30pm: Sign in and Network
- 2:30 - 3:00pm: Welcome and Guest Speaker
- 3:00 - 4:30pm: Breakout Sessions
- Forgiveness and Self Love - Sherri Barrow: Gain some counseling skills you can utilize in and outside the classroom to restore your students and their relationships with others.
- Community Circles: Participants will actively engage in a peace circle and delve into social-emotional community building procedures.
- Practicing Mindfulness: Experience a session integrating mindfulness into a classroom. Expand your own practice and share with your students.
- Mediation Roleplay: Observe and participate in mediation roleplays that you can try with your students.
- Stress Crash Course: Analyze the causes and effects of stress and strategies to help your students overcome their stress.
- Connecting with your Students: Learn a few lessons you can implement in your classroom to help create a positive classroom environment.