What is T3?
The T3 (Turnaround Teacher Teams) Initiative is an innovative teacher leadership program for experienced, effective teachers in high-needs schools.
T3 Teacher Leaders learn, lead, and collaborate to improve teacher practice and student outcomes. T3 typically partners with schools for a 2-3 year cycle to create and sustain systems and structures to support ongoing student achievement. T3 Teacher Leaders are expected to commit to their role for the full length of the partnership. Click here to learn more about the Roles and Responsibilities of a T3 Teacher Leader.
How do T3 Teacher Leaders accelerate student achievement in a school?
T3 offers teachers the opportunity and training to become school-wide leaders without leaving the classroom. T3 Teacher Leaders participate in the following comprehensive professional development:
- Skill building to develop as:
- Purpose-driven instructional leaders
- Skillful facilitators of adult learning
- School-wide change agents
- Evidence-based decision makers
- Ongoing learners
- Targeted training and support from a T3 Coach who provides ongoing feedback and teacher leadership development strategies
- Year-round collaboration and learning with cohort of school and district based T3 Teacher Leaders
Where Does T3 Exist?
T3 is currently recruiting Teacher Leaders to join public schools in Boston and Holyoke, MA, Indianapolis, IN, and Washington, D.C.
Who are T3 Teacher Leaders?
- Highly effective educators who use data to improve student outcomes and lead their colleagues.
- Teachers with at least three years of teaching experience in a high-need school and a track record of effectiveness with students.
- T3 Teacher Leaders receive compensation for the additional time required to serve in their leadership roles through a salary differential that acknowledges their status.
How do I apply to become a T3 Teacher Leader?
The four step application process is designed to be a fair and comprehensive assessment of a teacher’s readiness to be a successful T3 Teacher Leader.
- Written Application
- The written application asks for general demographic information, teaching information, three short responses, two professional references (letters of reference are not required), and an updated resume.
- Teaching Video Demonstration
- The second step of the process requires applicants to submit a teaching demonstration providing evidence of effective classroom instruction. Applicants who advance to this stage will record and submit a 20-minute lesson from their classroom.
- Interview Day
- The third step in the application process is the interview day. Applicants invited to the interview day will participate in a team activity and a one-on-one interview.
- Notification and Principal Interview
- Upon successful completion of the first three steps, applicants will be notified if they have been selected by T3 to become a T3 Teacher Leader and participate in Principal Interviews with partner schools for placement. To finalize a position as a T3 Teacher Leader, applicants must complete all district hiring requirements (such as licensure) to be formally hired as a district employee.