Training teachers as advocates so teachers and students thrive in Colorado
Teach Plus Colorado offers the Teach Plus Colorado Teaching Policy Fellowship to outstanding teachers in the Centennial State looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that directly affect students and the teaching profession.
- Fellows receive training through expert-led modules and engage directly with key decision makers, expanding their influence without leaving the classroom.
- Fellows use a blended-learning approach that includes monthly virtual meetings and in-person meetings three times a year in Denver.
- Fellows receive a $1,500 stipend for their commitment.
What does Teach Plus do?
- Testified before the education committees of the Colorado Legislature in opposition to legislation that would have eliminated student data used in teacher evaluation.
- Met with Commissioner Katy Anthes and collaborated on creating the Commissioner’s Teacher Cabinet. Two Colorado Policy Fellows are current members of the Cabinet.
- Published a policy brief that made recommendations to the state on its ESSA plan.
- Published op-eds in the Christian Science Monitor, Chalkbeat Colorado, and other media.