I. Overview of Teach Plus
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success. The organization empowers expert teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and empowers teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
II. Position Summary
Reporting to the Director of Development (DOD), the Development Associate will join a growing, collaborative team tasked with scaling up the organization’s Development processes and pipeline to meet an ambitious annual fundraising goal in support of a $9 million annual operating budget. The Development Associate will develop partnerships across the organization to ensure the timely completion of grant proposals and reports, develop and organize resources to strengthen the organization’s ability to pursue new relationships, and help to build and maintain the operational systems required to manage an efficient development department. The position requires a highly organized and self-motivated professional who exercises the highest level of discretion and can work independently while coordinating with team members located in multiple locations. Primary responsibilities include project managing the completion of grant proposals and reports, including providing writing and copyediting support, and operational support to the DOD in meeting the organization’s fundraising goals.
III. Position Responsibilities
Fundraising and Development Support
- Project manage the proposal and grants-renewal process, collaborating across the organization to ensure timely submission of grant proposals and reports to funders.
- Oversee the curation of Teach Plus’ Development language library and develop tools such as work plans and templates to streamline the proposal and reporting processes.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date grant information in the organization’s database (Salesforce) on prospective and awarded grants, and support the generation of reports for site and national leaders that track progress to goals.
Operations and Administration
- In collaboration with the DOD, develop the infrastructure and supports necessary to build the capacity of the organization to meet local fundraising obligations.
- Co-develop reports, dashboards to track all grant inquiries, deadlines, and pipeline through the Salesforce database.
- Work with the organization’s accounting department to keep track of donations, send acknowledgements of donations to donors, and granting agencies.
- Provide ongoing ad hoc support to the DOD, including but not limited to data entry, reporting, and the preparation of meeting materials, presentations, and grant acknowledgement letters.
IV. Skills and Talents
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of development, fundraising and/or relevant work experience, experience in education, nonprofit or philanthropic organizations, a plus;
- Exceptional organizational skills; demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including proven writing and editing ability;
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving abilities and a strong attention to detail;
- A demonstrated commitment to closing achievement and opportunity gaps and ensuring our education system provides equity, access, and excellence for all students;
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms is preferred.
V. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
This position will be conducted virtually (primarily from a home office). Preference will be given to candidates located in states where we have programming.
VII. Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Teach Plus offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 11 holidays, and winter break. Additionally, Teach Plus offers a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
VIII. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328051