I. Overview of Teach Plus
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that advance equity, opportunity, and student success. The organization elevates and empowers excellent and experienced teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and develops teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
The Executive Assistant and Special Projects Associate will work directly with the President and CEO to provide essential administrative support for the President and CEO and to facilitate effective communication from the President and CEO’s office. This position will also undertake essential duties associated with managing the Teach Plus Board of Directors, and collaborate with other national and state-based Teach Plus staff on special projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
Essential Administrative Support
- Maintain and manage the President and CEO’s calendar; organize, schedule, and prepare the President and CEO for meetings with key partners.
- Manage the flow of information to/from the President and CEO and other Teach Plus staff; identify priority matters that need to be urgently addressed.
- Draft and edit routine and more complex correspondence for the President and CEO. Create, edit and format reports, emails, memoranda, presentations, and other writing projects as appropriate.
- Assist with data collection, including conducting literature reviews, synthesizing reports and news stories, and creating fact sheets and presentations. Take meeting minutes, as requested; summarize and synthesize meeting notes and disseminate them to appropriate parties.
- Prepare and manage travel plans for the President and CEO; Submit expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, and invoices
- Assist with the President and CEO’s communications with public and external stakeholders, including supporting presence and activity on social media.
- Provide other routine administrative support, including managing a filing system, supplies/material orders and inventory, retrieval of mail and other related duties.
Board Support and Special Projects
- Manage scheduling, logistics, and preparation of materials for quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors, including timelines and original production of select Board materials.
- Conduct targeted research projects on behalf of the President and CEO, which may include policy research topics to support prepared remarks, weekly newsletter blogs, and other topics addressed in communications with public and external stakeholders.
- Event planning for important funding opportunities and other org-wide events, including planning logistics of annual org-wide staff retreats.
- Assist the talent team with job posting, updating staff directory, and celebration of staff birthdays and anniversaries.
- Other ad hoc special projects and duties, as required.
- In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates will have:
- 1-2 years work experience related to administration and executive assistance
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate successfully with multiple constituencies inside and outside of the organization
- Knowledge of online tools and software (i.e. Google Platform and Microsoft Office) and other tools to collaborate virtually
- Expressed interest in and exposure to education issues
- Dedication to equity in education, and a deep belief in the power of teachers to bring about positive change
IV. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
V. Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $45K-$55K and offer will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Full benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
VI. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328019