What is the Illinois ECE Network?
The Illinois ECE Network brings together early childhood educators to receive training on policy and advocacy, have the opportunity to have their voices heard and engage in advocacy, and network with other early childhood educators. Through the ECE Network, we engage with a community of educators to gather their input on educational issues in the state and engage them in advocacy efforts to improve the ECE field and outcomes for students. Network members gain access to Teach Plus training and learning sessions, inform policymakers, and engage in advocacy to increase equitable opportunities for students.
- Be a current or retired early childhood educator in Illinois
- Early childhood educator includes teachers, assistant teachers, other educators working with children birth - 3rd grade in schools, centers, and providing services at homes, center directors, and center administrators
Opportunities as a Network Educator:
- Attend quarterly trainings on early education policy and advocacy.
- Participate in advocacy efforts
- Engage with legislators and other decision makers.
- Learn about current legislative measures that affect ECE
- Network with other early childhood professionals