As a teacher leader in an Innovation School, Teach Plus believes you can play a critical role in the ongoing work to improve not only your school, but the Innovation Network as a whole. Through the IPS Innovation Teacher Collaborative, you will have the opportunity to lead a collaborative team of your peers, in partnership with your principal, in developing customized and school-based solutions that meet the needs of your learners.
What is the IPS Innovation Teacher Collaborative?
- A selective leadership opportunity for excellent teachers working in IPS Innovation Schools who are looking to deepen their impact
- Selected Teacher Leaders will lead teams within their schools to improve instruction, student learning, and school climate/culture
- The Collaborative launches April 2021 and runs through June 2022
- Teacher Leaders participate in monthly 1:1 coaching sessions and regular cohort meetings (virtual and in-person as appropriate)
- Teacher Leaders develop the tools and skills to engage with key-stakeholders and implement their plans for change
- Teacher Leaders receive a $1,600 stipend for their commitment
How does it work?
Teach Plus has over a decade of experience in activating teachers to serve as leaders and will build your skills to grow and exercise your leadership to facilitate school-based change. Through the IPS Innovation Teacher Collaborative, in collaboration with your school leader and team, you will examine data to identify the needs of your school and students, develop a project to address those and chart a path forward to bring about change through continuous improvement. You will also identify barriers to implementation and policy shifts that would better serve all IPS students.
- Teacher Leaders will serve as Change Agents in their individual schools and implement their plan in collaboration with their school leader, as well as participate in targeted teacher leadership coaching and development with Teach Plus.
- School Leaders will support the Teacher Leader in developing a proposal, as well as provide building level implementation support throughout the project. They’ll participate in regular check in meetings with the teacher leader and Teach Plus throughout the year, and may cover some of the cost of implementation within the building.
- Thursday, March 4th - 6:00-7:00pm EST - Virtual Information Session - RSVP Here
- Join this session to learn more and get your questions answered before the due date!
- Sunday, March 14th by 11:59pm - Applications are Due - Apply Here Today!
- Applicants must have at least three years of teaching experience
- Applicants must currently work in an Innovation School within IPS.