The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success. Since 2009, Teach Plus has developed thousands of teacher leaders across the country to exercise their leadership in shaping education policy and improving teaching and learning to create an education system driven by access and excellence for all.
What We Do
At Teach Plus, we advance teacher leadership in pursuit of opportunities and outcomes for students. When we invest in developing our most talented teachers into teacher leaders who are well-informed, persuasive, and prepared to lead, they have deep leverage in advancing equity for students, especially for students of color, low-income students, and those from underserved communities. To close the opportunity gap and to ensure equitable access to a world-class education for all students in the schools and communities we serve, we ignite systems change at multiple levels through our Policy Fellowship and Instructional Leadership programs designed to inspire and equip teachers. We are committed to leading change in our Equity Focus Areas: High-quality early childhood education; Recruitment and retention of a diverse teaching force; Rigorous curricula, high standards, and meaningful accountability; Teacher preparation, development, and leadership; Whole child, student-centered learning; and Equitable Funding.
About the role
Reporting to and partnering with the Managing Director of People Operations, the People Operations Associate will play a critical role in the day-to-day people-related operations to support our diverse staff and ensure a positive employee experience. Joining a growing organization and people team, the People Operations Associate will support a broad range of activities throughout the employee lifecycle, help facilitate the execution of continuous improvements to deliver exceptional service to staff, promote and maintain Teach Plus’ mission, values, and culture, and support employee engagement throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Talent Acquisition: Assist with talent acquisition efforts– job posting, sourcing candidates, resume screens, phone screen interviews, reference and background checks, and communication with applicants. Manage the applicant tracking system (Salesforce) and provide administrative support by organizing and preparing materials and scheduling interviews.
- Onboarding/Offboarding: Support new hire onboarding process, including collecting required employment information (such as I-9’s and payroll forms), provide administrative onboarding support by scheduling meetings, ordering and sending swag, liaising with the IT team to coordinate new hire setup, and co-facilitate new hire orientation. Provide continuous improvements to the staff onboarding experience in collaboration with the Director. Coordinate offboarding activity, including exit interviews and employee communication.
- Benefits and Payroll Administration: Administer payroll in ADP in collaboration with the Director and finance team; Administer benefit changes in provider portals; Serve as technical liaison with ADP and benefit providers; Reconcile and audit benefit invoices in collaboration with the finance team; Support the Director in the coordination of the annual enrollment process, creation of benefit information sessions and communication materials, and benefits compliance.
- Systems Administration and Support: Serve as an administrator of our systems and reporting; partner with team members on projects to initiate process improvements and efficiencies; Maintain ADP employee-facing website (homepage updates, HR library, employee updates, time off policies) and employee records.
- Internal Communication and Engagement: Support the Director in promoting connections and a sense of community across our organization, including internal newsletters, staff celebrations, employee acknowledgment, and community-building engagements during All-Staff meetings and in-person retreats.
Who You Are
- Early career- at least one year of relevant human resource experience, non-profit experience preferred;
- Highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize work, with careful attention to detail;
- Successful at relationship-building and collaborating with others;
- Proficiency with and ability to quickly learn new technology systems; experience with the organization’s people management systems (ADP and Salesforce) a plus;
- Have a passion for and commitment to equity and building a culture that is welcoming, energizing, and empowering to employees of all identities, communities, and experiences;
- Excited about Teach Plus’ mission to grow and empower teacher leaders to create an equitable education system.
Location and Travel
This is a remote position. Candidates residing in Massachusetts or CST or EST time zones are preferred.
What we Offer
We are hiring an entry-level candidate, and the salary band is $50,000-$60,000. The salary will be determined based on the selected candidate’s specific qualifications, relevant experience, specialized knowledge, and internal equity.
Teach Plus offers a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability, life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits, including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 13 holidays, two org-wide breaks (July and December), and summer ½ day Fridays in July and August. Teach Plus offers paid parental leave and a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
Teach Plus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates. Teach Plus does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328220