(Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Roswell, Preferred)
I. Overview of Teach Plus
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that affect their students’ success. The organization empowers expert teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and empowers teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
II. Position Responsibilities
Reporting to the New Mexico State Director, the New Mexico Program Associate is primarily responsibility for supporting teacher directed communications around our Policy Fellowship and additional events, opportunities, and programs for teachers. In addition, the New Mexico Program Associate will support the basic management and operations for the Policy Fellowship and greater teaching network. The role will include opportunities for professional growth in education policy and nonprofit management. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Use social media, email, and other communication platforms to promote Teach Plus and update teacher leaders, alumni, and donors regarding current educational issues, publicize Teach Plus New Mexico highlights, teacher leadership opportunities, and events.
- Create monthly newsletters to keep stakeholders engaged and updated.
- Assist with editing documents that will be shared with media outlets.
- Assist in responding to emails and answering program questions.
- Maintain certain local pages of the New Mexico website.
- Manage logistics and set up for monthly Fellows Sessions and Teach Plus Network training (in-person and virtual) including, but not limited to, site/vendor research, set up, technology support, ordering necessary food and supplies, building and sharing surveys, and communicating logistics with participants.
- Support and implement marketing for upcoming teacher leadership and policy events.
- Create PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and other relevant materials to support events.
- Assist with contacting and maintaining communication with event presenters.
- Provide in-person support at Teach Plus events including: registration table, assist with technology, and serve as a point of contact for all logistics.
Recruitment and Selection of Program Participants
- Support the recruitment and selection process across the policy fellowship programs and network by helping to craft messaging, support logistics, promote opportunities, etc.
- Support the State Director in communicating application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple channels across the state, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
- Maintain accurate and timely data and enter appropriate information as it relates to the policy programs into the Salesforce database for ongoing accountability reports.
- Provide meeting support as needed, e.g. preparing materials, creating business cards/flyer, and logistics.
- Support the daily operational needs such as ordering necessary supplies, technical requests, etc.
- Submit expense reports for state program reimbursements.
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates should have:
- A passionate commitment to improving public education by retaining and supporting outstanding teachers to support the success of all students, in particular for low-income learners and students of color
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in education, a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and dedication to data-informed decision-making
- Mission-driven, and comfort working in a fast-paced, virtual, and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Experience using social media platforms, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and database programs
- Willingness to travel to Albuquerque/Santa Fe for Teach Plus events
IV. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
V. Term and Hours
This is a part-time, one-year, remote position, with a tentative start date of February 4, 2019 or earlier based on candidate’s availability. This role may be renewed annually based on performance and funding. Candidates would need to commit to working 20 hours per week, a schedule which may be flexible but mutually agreed to, and commit to working occasional nights and weekends to support events.
VI. Compensation and Benefits
The budgeted salary range for this position is $14,000-$16,500. Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off and 401K benefits.
VII. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/327915
Teach Plus is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex or natural origin.