I. Overview of Teach Plus
Teach Plus is dedicated to the mission of empowering excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that advance equity, opportunity, and student success. Since 2009, Teach Plus has developed thousands of teacher leaders across the country to exercise their leadership in shaping education policy and improving teaching and learning, to create an education system driven by access and excellence for all.
II. About the Role
As a Program and Operations Associate, you will be focused on providing administrative support in a variety of areas including recruitment and selection, communications, logistics and event planning, and data and systems management. Reporting to the Program and Operations Manager, you will join a team of other Program and Operations Associates who work cross-functionally and collaboratively with the ultimate goal of ensuring smooth operations. This is an ideal opportunity for a hyper-organized, systems-oriented person looking to learn about various aspects of program management and implementation.
Program and Operations Support
- Liaise between regions and national teams, including Talent, Communications, Evaluation, Finance, and Program to ensure smooth and effective implementation of operations across these functions.
- Maintain tasks and deadlines for multiple regions and projects through the team use of Asana.
- Support regional team leads with all communication activities including social media and periodic newsletters to keep local teachers informed about key educational issues and to promote Teach Plus.
- Facilitate the submission of stipends, reimbursements, and other payables within finance processes and guidelines for timely payments.
- Provide support to state/program leaders to build and track budget to program expenses.
- Secure contracts and make other purchases as approved by the region/program leader.
- Serve as the central support for all operational systems, including but not limited to, Salesforce, Alchemer, and Campaign Monitor to maintain accurate and timely data, to provide programmatic accountability and funder reports, and to maintain mailing lists.
- Coordinate logistics and set up for monthly Policy Fellows and other program sessions (in-person and virtual) including, but not limited to, sending pre-work, reviewing presentation materials, communicating logistics with teachers, building and sharing surveys, and sending follow up emails.
- Project plan and coordinate logistics for 4-5 retreats in-person and conferences annually (attending some, as needed), including identifying venues, ordering food, managing registration, creating materials, etc.
Recruitment and Selection
- Support the recruitment and selection process across all Teach Plus programs and internal staff positions by supporting outreach activities, logistics, and promoting opportunities, etc.
- Conduct application reviews, monitor the applicant tracking system (Salesforce), assign assessments, and track candidates’ statuses and communication.
- Support the regional teams by communicating application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple channels, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
III. Who You Are
- At least one year of professional/internship experience
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with high attention to detail
- An effective collaborator who can easily build cross-functional relationships through effective and timely communication
- A quick learner with a desire to learn and serve as central support for a variety of applications and software (i.e. Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, Alchemer, Google suite) and social media platforms
- Passionate about advancing equity and improving public education, including by supporting outstanding and diverse teachers to contribute to the success of all students
IV. Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
This is a remote position supporting several states within our current portfolio. Candidates located in states where we have programming and in Central and Mountain time zones will be prioritized. Some travel to support program events may be required on an as needed basis.
VI. Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this role is $45,000. Teach Plus offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 11 holidays, and winter break. Additionally, Teach Plus offers a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
VII. How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328190