Chicago Change Agent Fellowship
Solving schoolwide problems of practice to address real challenges for students
Through the Change Agent Fellowship, Teach Plus recruits, selects, trains, and supports outstanding teachers to lead a school-based effort to address a problem of practice in their building.
- As a first step, the teacher and their principal co-identify an issue within their school that affects teacher practice and student outcomes in an academic area.
- Once selected, Change Agent Fellows participate in teacher leadership development to grow professionally while tackling their problem throughout the school year.
- Administrators support the process by providing time and resources to the Change Agent Fellow so that the project is successful.
- The inaugural Chicago Change Agent cohort is addressing a range of schoolwide challenges from building a strong MTSS system and increasing the rigor of questioning and formative assessments, to vertically aligning math and literacy curriculum and standards and increasing student engagement.
- Leadership Training, during which Change Agent Fellows develop SMART goals and action plans to address the issue that they want to change in their respective schools.
- Monthly Coaching to support teacher leaders in their growth as educational leaders throughout the implementation of their action plans.
- Stipend in recognition of their time and effort.