Training teachers as advocates so teachers and students thrive in Colorado.
Teach Plus Colorado offers the Teach Plus Colorado Teaching Policy Fellowship to outstanding teachers in the Centennial State looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that directly affect students and the teaching profession.
- A highly selective leadership opportunity for outstanding Colorado teachers looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect students and the teaching profession.
- Fellows expand their influence without leaving the classroom, starting in August 2019 and concluding in June 2020.
- Three in-person training sessions, and online monthly virtual sessions
- Fellows receive training through expert-led modules and direct engagement with key stakeholders. No prior policy experience required
- Fellows receive a $1,500 stipend for their commitment
What does Teach Plus do?
- Met with Governor Polis in his office. Met with Colorado legislators and State School Board members and testified at legislative hearings.
- Helped create the Colorado Commissioner’s Teach Cabinet
- Helped to create, testified on behalf of, and advocated for the passage of state legislation.
- Been published in Chalkbeat Colorado, Christian Science Monitor, and other national publications.
- Presented at major national educational conferences