Equipping teachers to be advocates for teachers and students across Indiana.
The Teach Plus Indiana Teaching Policy Fellowship is a selective leadership opportunity available to high quality teachers across the state. We invite you to apply if you are a great teacher looking to deepen your knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect Indiana’s students and the teaching profession.
- Education policy as a lever for student success
- Community organizing
- Op-ed writing and speaking with media
- Advocacy - providing public testimony and speaking with elected officials
- Current and relevant issues in education policy
Met with Indiana legislators and staff, spoken at hearings, and proposed policy solutions to the Indiana General Assembly.
Helped successfully advance legislation to improve teacher preparation, inform teacher retention, and enable expanded opportunities for Indiana educators.
Met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office.
Joined Secretaries of Education as part of the U.S. Department of Education’s official delegation to the International Summit on the Teaching Profession.
- Fellows publish policy briefs and author op-eds on key issues such as teacher retention, evaluation, compensation, teacher preparation programs, and student social justice. The op-ed have been published in Chalkbeat, the Huffington Post, the Indianapolis Business Journal, the Indianapolis Recorder, the Indianapolis Star, and Nuvo.