What is T3?
T3 is an innovative teacher leadership program that trains, coaches, and supports experienced, effective teachers to lead teams of peers to improve student academic outcomes across grade levels.
Through support from the William Penn Foundation and Neubauer Family Foundation, T3 serves 36 teacher leaders in grades K-8 in five schools:
- Cayuga Elementary
- James R. Lowell Elementary
- Alexander K. McClure Elementary
- Bayard Taylor Elementary
- B.B. Comegys School
- 95% of teachers on T3 grade teams agreed that “our team consistently uses data to inform our instructional decisions.”
- 100% of teams implemented & documented new instructional practices during 2018-19.
- As a group, T3 schools grew faster than the School District of Philadelphia as a whole and a control group of schools (designated by SDP for performance comparison) on district anchor goals.
“The Teach Plus program has made our teachers feel more empowered and has raised staff morale. Teachers feel they have much more voice.”- David Laver, T3 Partner Principal, Bayard Taylor Elementary