The National Policy Advisory Board on their annual Washington D.C. Capitol Hill Day
The Teach Plus National Policy Advisory Board (2024) is a nonpartisan group of current classroom teachers which informs Teach Plus policy decisions at the federal level to advance equity-driven change. In 2023, board members met with over 60 U.S. Senators or U.S. Representatives and their staff, federal agency staff, and Secretary of Education, Miguel Cardona, to brainstorm solutions to promote the development and strengthening of the teacher workforce. In this year-long fellowship, Board members will build knowledge on federal policy, build their advocacy skills, and create strong relationships with their congressional representatives and staff. As part of the program, fellows are also expected to act as visible spokespeople for policy changes selected by the National Policy Advisory Board to advance equity, improve the teaching profession, and work on legislation that will improve student outcomes.
Learn more about the 2023 NPAB’s Developing and Strengthening the Educator Workforce campaign and the legislation they endorsed.
The 2024 National Policy Advisory Board will begin meeting in January 2024 and continue to meet through December 2024. Board members will:
- Participate in monthly virtual meetings;
- Collaborate with each other and Teach Plus staff to develop policy proposals;
- Build a rapport with their congressional representatives and their staffers;
- Engage with and learn from guest speakers during the monthly meetings;
- Join the National Policy Team in Washington, D.C. for the annual National Hill Day; and
- Receive a $1,500 stipend for their commitment.
NPAB members with Sen. Durbin Staff
Meet Our Teacher Leaders
Get to know the National Policy Advisory Board teachers.
Meet Our Alumni
Get to know past National Policy Advisory Board teachers.